Tuesday, July 5, 2011

You can now like A Fistful of Soundtracks on Facebook

Wow, this family cannot spell 'nickel.' Someone should hand them a couple of dolerrs and a qaurter to go buy a dictionary.
The first Spider-Man movie's closing credits deserved better too.

Although Facebook has its moments (like the girl's reaction to her mom's adult-contemporary ambush on the troops in the above snapshot), it can also be an aggravating place to be, as Kimberly from Cinebeats and TCM has astutely noted a few times on her Twitter. I think Jeannie Gaffigan, the wife of comedian Jim Gaffigan, put it best when she tweeted, "Facebook is like a big high school yearbook that never stops being signed."

I may find Facebook to be annoying for various reasons, but I know there are a few people on that site who listen to A Fistful of Soundtracks, so after about a year of hesitating, I launched a Facebook page for AFOS on July 1.

Drop by the new page and hit the "Like" button and maybe say hola. But don't go to the wall just to tell me I should remove a track you hate from an AFOS playlist. I'm not a fan of requests for me to delete a piece of music and I always ignore those requests. It's part of the playlist because I goddamn like it. I'm not going to yank it from rotation just because only poor little you can't stand it.

Speaking of disliking things, why doesn't Facebook have a "Dislike" button? Am I not allowed to dislike things over there? It's like a site run by The Care Bears, for fook's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment