Sunday, July 8, 2007

I've moved my blog from the chaos of MySpace...

... to Blogspot because MySpace doesn't allow you to post YouTube embeds. Also, nobody reads my blog. The only MySpacers who have lately left comments on my blog are annoying spammers. The kind of readers I want to attract are not found on MySpace, that's for sure.

If you're unfamiliar with A Fistful of Soundtracks, it's a Live365 channel that streams music from movies and TV and airs episodes of the long-running movie music radio program of the same name, which is hosted by me. The eps air Tuesdays and Thursdays at midnight, 2am, 4am, 6am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm and 9pm and Wednesdays and Fridays at 7am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm and 9pm.

The channel also airs eps of Morning Becomes Dyspeptic, a 15-minute comedy album clip show that's been called "the morning show for people who are not morning people." MBD airs weekdays at 1am and 8am.

Most of my listeners access the station through the iTunes radio dial, where it's found under "Eclectic."

I hate to use the cliché "We live in uncertain times," but it applies to us Web radio broadcasters these days. I'm trying to come up with a plan B (audioblogging maybe?) in case the Internet radio crisis leaves Fistful without a home. As I've said on my official site, I've witnessed Internet radio's growth over the years, and now it's disheartening to see that this alternative form of radio that allowed Fistful to find its audience may die out, thanks to corporate greed.

No comments:

Post a Comment