Ye is a modern-day Mozart--as in batshit crazy, but a total musical genius.
2. The military drums during Pusha T's "My God"
|(Photo source: Trebles and Blues)|
4. The handclaps during The New Pornographers' "Sweet Talk, Sweet Talk"
5. The bloops that open The Chemical Brothers' "Car Chase (Arp Worship)" from the Hanna score
6. The bass line of Lyrics Born and Sam Sparro's "Coulda Woulda Shoulda"
7. The really tight brass section during The Heavy's live 2010 performance of "That Kind of Man" for KEXP
8. The "Love You Save"-esque beat of Dennis Coffey and Mayer Hawthorne's "All Your Goodies Are Gone"
9. Dres' flow during the Black Sheep track "Elevation"
12. Ernie Isley's smokin' guitar solo at the end of The Isley Brothers' "Summer Breeze"
I only listen to that cover of sappy Seals and Crofts just to get to that guitar solo.
13. Teena Marie (R.I.P.) leading the female half of the Long Beach audience in a playful battle of the sexes with Rick James over which gender is louder during the live 1981 version of "I'm a Sucker for Love" that's on the deluxe edition CD of Street Songs
14. "The Michael McDonald of the rap game," Nate Dogg (R.I.P.), proving he wasn't your father's Michael McDonald when he crooned "And you even licked my balls" during Snoop Dogg's "Ain't No Fun (If the Homies Can't Have None)"