Saturday, July 17, 2010

Who's That Voice on A Fistful of Soundtracks? #5: The female announcer during most of my station's sweepers

Shiney shiney.
The Fistful of Soundtracks sweepers, which were all written by me, were recorded several years ago by a radio announcer named Melanie Taylor. It's been a while since I've had her read copy for me, but she's wonderful at it. My favorite of the AFOS sweepers Melanie recorded are the "F Zone" sweeper where she says "Your cubicle suddenly sounded 10 times cooler" to the accompaniment of Kool & the Gang's "Jungle Jazz" break and the "Soda and Pie" sweeper in which I had her quote Working Girl.

After I had Melanie record a series of AFOS sweepers four years ago, I flipped on BET J (now known as Centric) and overheard a network promo that featured her voice, and I thought, "Sweet!" It was like seeing a neighbor suddenly show up as an interviewee on the local news. I couldn't believe my ears.

Hear Melanie's voice during the "F Zone" block (Mondays at 4am, 9am and 3pm, Fridays at 5am, 9am and 3pm) and the "Soda and Pie" block (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at noon) on A Fistful of Soundtracks.

Previous "Who's That Voice?" bios:
Hugh Morgan
Paul Frees
Percy Rodrigues
Adolph Caesar

No comments:

Post a Comment